Brief review of Dell PowerEdge T110 II
- Well designed + built
- Quiet even at high load, more so than most desktop PCs
- BIOS is absolute garbage:
- No PCI-express 1.0(a) support, which prevents the use of many old low-speed PCIe cards such as NICs and TV tuners
- Power saving features such as PCI ASPM are missing
- Can't disable onboard GPU in spite of a perfectly functional serial port and SoL implementation, unless a discrete GPU is present, but surprise surprise 99% of GPUs don't work due to PCIe and power limitations.
- Cannot boot from USB (or at all?) without at least one SATA device present
- It's made by Insyde, need I say more?