These steps recovered a bricked Artillery Genius 3D printer, which was bricked due to leaving the TFT attached during a USB firmware upload.
The symptoms were unable to connect in Cura, firmware update buttons greyed out, and LED blinking in repeating double blink pattern.
This is for the 8-bit models, 32-bit probably requires different steps.
- Purchase a USBasp
- Ideally one that comes with the small 6 pin connection/cable
- New stock preferred, forum posts from 2016 suggest incompatible with ATmega2560, appears to no longer be the case
- Unplug printer, connect 6 pin cable between printer and USBasp, connect USBasp to PC
- Using Zadig, install libusbK on the USBasp device (select USBasp in top dropdown, click little arrows until libusbK selected, install)
- Open Arduino IDE
- In Tools menu:
- Board and Processor: ATmega2560
- Programmer: USBasp
- Burn bootloader
- Unplug USBasp and connect normal USB connection to printer
- Open a command prompt in the same folder as your firmware file, and run this, replacing
ArtilleryGenius_1.1.9_Advanced.hex(keeping the surrounding
:i) with the filename of your firmware and
COM3with the correct USB serial port of your printer:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude" -C "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf" -v -p atmega2560 -c wiring -P COM3 -b 115200 -D -U flash:w:ArtilleryGenius_1.1.9_Advanced.hex:i