Goes without saying that I’m returning the item manually and not following their advice!
02:34:36 UTC (me)
Hello, I recently opened a return and the seller has sent me a refund before I had a chance to print the postage label, and now the option to print a postage label has disappeared. How can I get the postage label to return the item with?
02:35:43 UTC (ebay support)
Alright, thank you for the confirmation and sharing the details with me. I can understand that you are concerned about the return case in which you received the item and refund both. I will look into it and help you with best possible resolution from my side.
02:36:33 UTC (ebay support)
Just to confirm, are you referring to item “redacted”?
02:36:47 UTC (me)
yes that's the one
02:38:06 UTC (ebay support)
I have checked the case details and found that case is closed as seller has issued the refund to you. Now, you are not required to take nay further action in this. You can keep the item or you can return it by communicating with seller. However, the case is closed so no further action is required.
^ What the literal fuck
Spent the best part of 2 days trying to figure out why the composition media system (same probably applies for discovery media system) in a MK7.0 VW Golf was failing to read M3U playlists, with the error “No playable files found”.
Literally tried every combination imaginable of file paths, separators, line endings, and even went as far as writing a script to generate extended m3u data from a plain m3u, but nothing made any difference.
The fix turned out to be ridiculously simple: have more than one folder on the SD card with MP3 files in it. The software must have a special case for all MP3 files in one folder that (probably unintentionally) breaks playlists. Even a single mp3 file in a second folder is enough to kick it into life.
Incidentally once this fix is in place the M3U support is pretty comprehensive – plain or extended and a variety of line endings and path separators all work fine.
For some unknown reason, there is no option exposed to disable acceleration when using a laptop touchpad with libinput. [insert gamer-oriented argument about how mouse acceleration is incompatible with muscle memory]
Thankfully it isn’t too difficult to remove it in the source code and recompile libinput.
- cd to a suitable empty folder
apt-get source libinput10
sudo apt build-dep libinput10
- cd to the downloaded folder (e.g.
- Edit the file src/filter.c, find:
#defined TOUCHPAD_ACCELERATION 9.0
And replace with:
#defined TOUCHPAD_ACCELERATION 1.0
debuild -b -uc -us
- Glance over the output to make sure build has succeeded
cd .. (update version number as necessary)
sudo dpkg -i libinput10_1.6.3-1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i libinput-bin_1.6.3-1_amd64.deb
Recently I spent far too long diagnosing a slow upload speed on a low-end Kimsufi 2G server with an old SiS900 ethernet adapter. The download speed was full 100mbit, but upload was less than 0.1mbit. The issue did not persist into rescue mode, which led me to assume a software issue.
The symptoms matched an issue with TCP windows, or with half duplex vs full duplex, but neither of those turned out to be the case.
The issue turned out to be IRQ related. Simply blacklisting a few unnecessary modules (parallel port, sound) and disabling acpi solved the issue
From what I’ve read, this seems to affect a large percentage of Gigabyte motherboards since S3 sleep became a ‘thing’.
The issue is as follows: on a significantly overclocked Gigabyte motherboard (high end or low end), when resuming from S3 sleep the screen never wakes up and after about 15-20 seconds, the system repeatedly turns off and on again every few seconds. The only way to break this loop is to completely remove power from the PSU for several seconds.
The issue is connected with PCIe power, as evidenced by the various reported fixes of disabling onboard NIC power saving and reverting from Intel/AMD AHCI drivers to the Microsoft default ones.
The real fix is very simple: Use Balanced power mode in windows and check that PCI Express Link State Power Management is set to ‘Moderate Power Savings’ and not ‘Off’. The fact that the default setting of moderate does not have the issue explains why it is not more widely reported.
Since the 2.1.30 update, if your media player is running as admin (this may only apply to Winamp), the scrobbler needs to run with admin privileges too.
Use 120.8Hz custom refresh rate. Both Windows and the monitor’s OSD will show 121Hz. Actual 121.0Hz will cause the error without fail, it must be a tiny bit below. I guess there is something weird going on with the tolerances in the monitor – I’ve noticed things like mains current spikes contribute to the problem.
This may apply more to HDMI 1440×1080 or 1280×720 than to DisplayPort 1080p.
My exact settings for 1440x1080x120Hz over HDMI are as follows:
Had a weird issue where every input field on webpages in IE9 would redirect focus to the address bar.
Turning off Protected Mode fixed it, probably not a great fix but whatever
If you get the error “cannot find essential information in the registry” and Uplay will not accept your Steam key, do the following:
Transfer the registry key HLKM\Software\Wow6432Node (if 64-bit)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 3
Update value of ‘InstallDir’ as necessary
Just an interim release for now as I don’t have my proper dev environment (TV, Pi-compatible internet connection, etc.). Once I figure out a way of getting networking to my Pi, I’ll throw in the promised features such as USB audio support.
No idea at all if this works (I can’t do much more than play about in the menu with no networking), but it certainly seems a lot smoother and more responsive than r2.
There’s been no significant changes on my part, but likely a very significant amount from upstream (namely the extra codecs, 512mb support, etc.).
More details: http://darkimmortal.com/2012/05/darkelec-raspberry-pi-optimised-openelec-fork/